Palace Wedding in Mysore l South India Wedding
Cost and Services for Palace Wedding in Mysore
A palace wedding in Mysore is undoubtedly an extravaganza for couples on a constraint budget. Unlike Udaipur, Jaipur, Jodhpur – the palace destinations in India, Mysore could pull off a lavish wedding at a pocket friendly budget.
Mysore – the cultural capital of Karnataka is renowned for its heritage constitutions and beautiful palaces. The world famous Mysore Palace, the striking Brindavan Gardens, Chamundi Hills are among the major attractions. This heritage city comes to life during the Navratri festivities every year and receives a large number of tourists from around the world during this period. The city is lined by sandalwood and rosewood forests, and so, products made of these are very popular here. Besides, the local cuisine is also famous with the tourists visiting the destination.
But despite being a popular tourist destination and having a heritage background, the city of Mysore is hardly anywhere in the map of wedding destinations.
According to recent trends, couples like the idea of offbeat and are open to exploring new and unconventional wedding destinations. So, on popular demand for New, Unconventional and Budget friendly wedding destinations, here we go for Mysore –
Our research work will guide you on the ideas to plan a palace wedding in Mysore. Before getting into details and costs, here are some essentials for consideration –
Famed for its royal heritage, magnificent monuments and rich tradition, the city of Mysore offers opulence like no other for a Maharaja style wedding. Lately, but Mysore is emerging as a potential wedding destination that could be a good competition to heritage destinations like Rajasthan in India. A royal style wedding has a great potential, provided the beautiful and well maintained palace properties of the wodeyar dynasty.
The city observes moderate temperature throughout the year. March to June is summer with highest temperature recording up to 39 degrees. July to November observes rainfall. December to February are the winter months and probably the best season to plan a wedding.
Air: The nearest international Airport is at Bangalore. Regular flights are operational and are connected to all major cities of India and countries abroad.
Road: Around 3hours from Bangalore by road. Well connectivity, taxis, buses, private vehicle services are available.
Ideal for a palace wedding is The lalitha Mahal – an early 20th century structure with grand interiors and architectural designs. A splendid Italianate palazzo, double columned and domed – set in sprawling terraced and landscaped gardens. The palace built in Renaissance architectural style is considered an adaptation of the St. Paul’s Cathedral in London, particularly the central dome. The Palace was built by the erstwhile Maharaja of Mysore to host his most important guest, the viceroy of India.
The heritage property has an inventory of 50+ rooms, all rooms are equipped with all modern amenities besides adorned with Italian marble floors and Belgian crystal chandeliers, cut glass lamps, heavy ornate furniture, mosaic tiles and a couple of exquisite Persian carpets that reflects the regal glory.
Per night rent of a standard room would be ideally around INR 5K-7K + GST onwards. An extra adult/child could be accommodated in the same room at an additional cost.
However there are other 3*/4* hotel properties in Mysore, but most of these may only serve the purpose of stay of your guests.
The heritage property has different baroque venues to host the wedding functions. The interiors have been modified to provide for modern conveniences but most of the earlier sections of the palace have been retained in their original elegance.
Here is a basic understanding on venue
- 1) The dancing and banquet hall have been adopted as dining halls and conference halls for holding meetings and conventions; these have polished wooden flooring and three stain glassed domes in the ceiling.
- 2) A swimming pool is now an additional provision.
- 3)The lush green lawns and beautiful white floored terrace. The elevator, carpeting and the Ottoman, upholstered with tapestry are treasured items in the palace.
The palace may or may not charge for the venues, if it is appointed at a special price.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Breakfast is included in room tariff in most of the palace property, so you pay for another 2 meals and a snack, i.e. Lunch, Dinner & Hi-Tea respectively. Here is the breakdown on per person basis…
- •Heritage Property: Lunch: INR 950 + GST onwards, Dinner: INR 1100 + GST onwards, Hi-Tea: INR 450 + GST onwards. Wedding Feast: Lunch or Dinner: INR 1500 + GST onwards.
The cost mentioned above would be applicable for veg/non-veg meals. The cost per person of wedding feast may depend on the elaborate menu. You may also request DIY snack stalls or BBQ by paying extra charges.
You could calculate the cost of stay & food along with GST on a per person basis.
The good news is Corkage is allowed at this heritage property, so you may bring your own choice of liquor brand. You may have options of packages and payment. You may have to pay INR 1500 + GST onwards per person for IMFL Liquor served for 3-4 Hours. For foreign liquor or any other special requests, you may have to pay in advance to the hotel.
The cost of décor for wedding in Mysore may depend on your demand and availability of resources. For example: If you are looking out to decorate your functions with materials which could be locally sourced from that destination, then the costs are on the standard level. But then if you are looking out for something specific which would have to be imported, then décor costs may increase accordingly. Also costs may somewhat depend on your décor designer or planner (Please, I am not speaking of any flower decorator here), as they are likely to charge more or less depending on their creativity standards.
However there is a standard cost for standard décor for wedding in Mysore, India. Here is a general observation of décor for functions comprising 100 guests…
- •Pre Wedding Function: Likely to be Engagement, Sangeet, Mehendi or any similar function: Décor starts from INR 2L + GST per function, this cost may include décor of structures, drapes, florals, lights, related props, also furniture to some extent.
- •Wedding Function: Likely to be the Wedding day function followed by Reception: Décor starts from INR 3.5L + GST per function, this cost may include décor of several structures, drapes, florals, lights, related props, also furniture to some extent.
- •Theme Party: Pool party, Bollywood sangeet, Masquerade themed reception are a few ideas of theme parties you could arrange to engage your guests, these have particular décor sets which may cost you from INR 2L + GST per theme.
Tip: Choose from locally sourced elements for wedding in Mysore. Locally sourced elements would make the décor come to life.
Another Tip: Décor of locally sourced flowers, elegant lighting – would make your wedding in Mysore, a spectacular one.
You could calculate the cost according to the number functions you are likely to host and divide the total cost on per person basis.
PRE WEDDING FUNCTION
Sangeet/ Mehendi or any other similar function following could be typical requirements:
- •Mysore Favorite: Most interesting will be hiring a Carnatic Music troupe very local to Mysore and engage your wedding guests with awe traditional dance form of Karnataka, These troupes may charge INR 35K + GST onwards
- •DJ with music console: A standard local DJ charges around INR 35K + GST onwards. However there endless limits if you want o spend, you can hire celebrity DJ who plays for high class parties, night clubs and savvy events at INR 80K+ GST onwards.
- •Male/Female Anchor: To engage your guests, you have to hire good looking and appealing hosts. So the need of a standard Anchor/Male comes at a cost of INR 15K + GST onwards. However you may hire celebrity Anchor/Male who hosts fashion events, bollywood events at a cost of INR 30K + Taxes onwards. Female/Anchors are expensive you may have to shell out INR 18K + GST onwards for a standard and INR 40K + GST onwards for celebrity anchors. Also, you may note that you may have to bear the expenses of travel/food/stay of these artists, if they are not sourced locally.
- •Mehendi Artiste: So, this is the most important service for any mehendi function and costs may vary. For bridal henna full hands/legs costs starts from INR 15K + GST onwards, whereas for individual guests cost starts from INR 2K + GST onwards, per guest.
- •Lady singers with Dholki: A group of 6 ladies may come at a cost of around INR 25K + GST onwards
- •Groom Procession in Vintage car : Groom entry shall be the highlight of the wedding. Vintage car or local decorated vehicles with brass band shall take the wedding theme to the level of luxury. This service may cost INR 50K + GST onwards.
- • Bride Entry in Palanquin with traditional folk dance: A bride may enter the wedding venue in a decorated palanquin followed by a folk dance performance specially choreographed for the entry. Could cost around INR 45K + GST onwards.
- •Jaimala: A decorated Stage with confetti showers, 2 flower garlands, along with back ground music may cost around INR 30K + GST. If you wish for some more effects like a hydraulic stage with cold showers, fireworks etc then costs may start from INR 50K + GST onwards.
PHOTOGRAPHY + VIDEOGRAPHY
Certainly! This is one of the major aspects while comprehending the services cost of wedding in Mysore However the cost for this service depends upon the fame & quality of the photographer, but generally it could range from anything in the following:
- •Candid Photography Stills: INR 45K + GST onwards Per Function
- •Traditional Photography Stills: INR 35K + GST onwards Per Function
- •Traditional Videography: INR 60K + GST onwards Per Function
- •Cinematography/ Wedding Film: INR 1L + GST onwards Per Function
- •Pre Wedding shoot: INR 25K + GST onwards for 8hours shoot
- •Pre Wedding Video: INR 40K + GST onwards for teaser & film.
Also, you may note that you may have to bear the expenses of travel/food/stay of these artists, if they are not sourced locally. Guess you would not like to compromise and would need all the above mentioned photography services, so calculate your budget accordingly.
MAKE UP ARTISTE
This is the most important service NOT ONLY for the brides but for the grooms as well. But then, the charming service which helps you doll up for your bid day comes with a price tag! Now let’s evaluate the cost for this service:
- •Bridal Make up & Hair do: INR 20K + GST onwards for the bride on her wedding day, includes, make up, hair do, draping etc.
- •Pre Wedding Function Make up for Bride: INR 10K + GST onwards per pre wedding function includes, make up, hair do, draping etc.
- •Groom Make up + Draping: INR 15K + GST onwards for the bride on her wedding day, includes, make up, hair do, draping etc
- •Pre Wedding Function Make up for Groom: INR 8K + GST onwards per pre wedding function includes, make up, hair do, draping etc.
- •Make Up/ Touch up, per guest: INR 2K + GST onwards for per pre wedding/ wedding function includes, make up, hair do, draping etc.
Also, you may note that you may have to bear the expenses of travel/food/stay of these artists, if they are not sourced locally.
An important aspect which cannot be overlooked while comprehending the cost of wedding in Mysore. Travel to the destination is generally paid by the guests themselves so I would skip this part.Travel within the destination which could be anything like airport/ station transfers, hotel to venue travel or going sightseeing. So the costs would be somewhat around the following:
- •Luxury Bus, 49 seater: INR 25K + GST onwards for 8hours, cost may not depend on KMs in this case.
- •AC coaches, 12 seater: INR 10K + GST onwards for 8hours, cost may depend on KMs or Hours, whichever is greater.
- •AC Car 5-8 seater: INR 3K + GST onwards for 8hours, cost may depend on KMs or Hours, whichever is greater
- •Vintage Car: INR 10K + GST onwards for 5hours maximum.
Tip: You may note, Mysore fine linked with the major cities of India and Abroad through Airways. Flights operate from Bangalore and Roadways are very developed and connect nearby cities.
So technically, you pay depending on your schedule and requirement.
MORE SERVICES MORE COSTS
Apart from the essentials, if you wish for some extra services, you would have to set your budget accordingly. You could add any of the following or other services of your choice to your requirement and budget list. Say…
Folk music players, Caricature artists, live bangle makers, fire jugglers, tattoo artists, comedian and the list is endless.
All of the above mentioned services could be hired at definite prices; you could set your budget accordingly.
Isn’t planning everything above and that too in at a right Budget a Hectic Task?
Worry Not! Let me introduce you to your fairy god mother, who will set everything right for your Big Day…
Now that you know that without a Wedding Planner, planning a destination wedding is almost impossible, you should also know that Wedding Planning is a Service and your wedding planner with team add up to your wedding budget.
So let’s now comprehend the cost of a wedding planner.
So a wedding planner may charge you any one of the two ways:
- •Percentage (%) of Wedding Budget: A planner may charge a certain percentage of amount as their fee depending on the size of the wedding budget. Likely to be around 10-25% of the total wedding budget.
- •Fixed Fee: Most common fee structure of startup wedding planning ventures, they charge a fixed fee depending on the services and the responsibilities they undertake to make your Big Day special.
The choice completely depends on you and your capacity of expenditures.
So, looking at the breakup the cost per person for 2 nights for a Palace wedding in Mysore with Stay and wedding festivities would be starting from around INR 25K + GST onwards.
(Inclusion: 2N & 3D, 100 guests, Stay in Palace Property, F&B, Décor for 2Functions, Entertainment for 2Functions, Photography for 2D, MUA for bride and groom for all functions,)
Hope the above information helps to understand the destinations and cost of wedding in Mysore.
Thank you for reading Have you any suggestions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org