Cost of Wedding in Jodhpur – Basic idea & Tips
Wedding in Jodhpur – Destination Wedding
Jodhpur – The Blue city is the second largest city of Rajasthan and is popularly known as the Gateway to the Thar Desert of India. The significance of this city found in the legend could be stated by the Majestic Mehrangarh Fort that stands tall as the witness of bygone era. Beautiful historical structures and the famous mandore gardens are the glory of Jodhpur. Historically, Jodhpur takes you to year of 1459 AD.
A Wedding in Jodhpur celebrated with pomp and splendor creates a unique charm to the world. Magnificent Heritage properties, Luxury hotels and skilled wedding planners make happen a successful wedding in Jodhpur. A destination wedding in Jodhpur could have no match in the world if organized effectively with the help of expert wedding planners.
If you are already planning to consider Jodhpur for your wedding, let’s comprehend the cost of planning a wedding in Jodhpur.
Let’s assume that you are a group of 70 to 100 and looking for suitable options to host your wedding in Jodhpur, likely a 2Nights affair. Stay, Food, Décor, Entertainment, Photography, Logistics are typical requirements. Here is a basic idea of costs…
STAY & FOOD – Wedding in Jodhpur
Undoubtedly, this requirement eats up the major chunk of your wedding budget particularly, if you are paying for the stay of all of your guests or may be family and close friends. You could choose from the property options that best suits your requirement and budget:
- Heritage Hotels:Properties like The Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace, The Ajit Bhawan Palace – high end hotels with marvelous interiors, ideal location for a super lavish wedding. These properties have an itinerary of 60+ superior rooms and suites and stunning venues to cater to your wedding functions. Rooms may cost INR 18K TO INR 75K + GST Per Night .
- Luxury Hotels: Properties like The Vivanta by Taj Hari Mahal, The Ranbanka Palace, The WelcomHotel Jodhpur – Beautiful properties with world class interiors, suitable for luxury weddings. These properties have an itinerary above 70+ superior rooms and suites. Rooms may cost INR 10K TO INR20K+ GST Per Night.
- Classy Hotels: Properties like the Indana Palace, the Ummed, Fairfield by Marriott – sophisticated properties offer world class facilities for wedding in Jodhpur. These properties have an ininerary of around 70+ Rooms and stunning venues for your wedding functions. Rooms may cost INR 9K TO INR 15K + GST Per Night.
Each of these properties has venues which could cater to your pre wedding and wedding functions. Venues could be anything like AC Banquet, lawn area, swimming pool area or any special area of the property dedicated for wedding functions.
However the properties may exempt venue charges, if you guarantee the minimum number of rooms for stay. But if there’s a charge, it could be something like below
Here is a basic understanding on venue charges:
- •Heritage Property: Venue Charges may vary from INR 50K to 2Lacs + GST Per function (T&C)
- •Classic Property: Venue Charges may vary from INR 50K to 1Lac + GST Per function (T&C)
You could calculate the cost counting your number of functions & guests and choice of property and then divide it per person.
Breakfast is included in room tariff in most of the star properties, so you pay for another 2 meals and a snack, i.e. Lunch, Dinner & Hi-Tea respectively. Here is the breakdown on per person basis…
- •Heritage Property: Lunch: INR 1800 + GST onwards, Dinner: INR 2000 + GST onwards, Hi-Tea: INR 700 + GST onwards. Wedding Feast: Lunch or Dinner: INR 3500 + GST onwards.
- •Classy & Luxury Property: Lunch INR 1200 + GST onwards, Dinner: INR 1500 + GST onwards, Hi-Tea: INR 600 + GST onwards. Wedding Feast: Lunch or Dinner: INR 2500 + GST onwards.
The cost mentioned above would be applicable for veg/non-veg meals. The cost per person of wedding feast may depend on the elaborate menu. You may also request DIY snack stalls or BBQ by paying extra charges.
You could calculate the cost of stay & food along with GST in the 5*/4*/3* properties on a per person basis.
Corkage is not allowed at most of the properties, so you may have to buy liquor from hotel. You may have options of packages and payment. You may have to pay INR 1500 + GST onwards per person for IMFL Liquor served for 3-4 Hours. For foreign liquor or any other special requests, you may have to pay in advance to the hotel.
The cost of décor for wedding in Jodhpur may depend on your demand and availability of resources. For example: If you are looking out to decorate your functions with materials which could be locally sourced from that destination, then the costs are on the standard level. But then if you are looking out for something specific which would have to be imported, then décor costs may increase accordingly. Also costs may somewhat depend on your décor designer or planner (Please, I am not speaking of any flower decorator here), as they are likely to charge more or less depending on their creativity standards.
However there is a standard cost for standard décor for wedding in Jodhpur, India. Here is a general observation of décor for functions comprising 100 guests…
- •Pre Wedding Function: Likely to be Engagement, Sangeet, Mehendi or any similar function: Décor starts from INR 2L + GST per function, this cost may include décor of structures, drapes, florals, lights, related props, also furniture to some extent.
- •Wedding Function: Likely to be the Wedding day function followed by Reception: Décor starts from INR 3.5L + GST per function, this cost may include décor of several structures, drapes, florals, lights, related props, also furniture to some extent.
- •Theme Party: Pool party, Bollywood sangeet, Masquerade themed reception are a few ideas of theme parties you could arrange to engage your guests, these have particular décor sets which may cost you from INR 2L + GST per theme.
Tip: Choose from locally sourced elements for wedding in Jodhpur. Locally sourced elements would make the décor come to life.
Tip: Décor of Vibrant colored drapes, Traditional rajasthani props, elegant lighting – would make your wedding in Jodhpur, a spectacular one.
You could calculate the cost according to the number functions you are likely to host and divide the total cost on per person basis.
PRE WEDDING FUNCTION
Sangeet/ Mehendi or any other similar function following could be typical requirements:
- •Jodhpur Favorite: Most interesting will be hiring a Folk dance troupe very local to Jodhpur and engage your wedding guests with awe dance performances of Ghoomar, traditional dance form of Rajasthan, These troupes may charge INR 30K + GST onwards
- •DJ with music console: A standard local DJ charges around INR 30K + GST onwards. However there endless limits if you want o spend, you can hire celebrity DJ who plays for high class parties, night clubs and savvy events at INR 80K+ GST onwards.
- •Male/Female Anchor: To engage your guests, you have to hire good looking and appealing hosts. So the need of a standard Anchor/Male comes at a cost of INR 10K + GST onwards. However you may hire celebrity Anchor/Male who hosts fashion events, bollywood events at a cost of INR 30K + Taxes onwards. Female/Anchors are expensive you may have to shell out INR 15K + GST onwards for a standard and INR 40K + GST onwards for celebrity anchors. Also, you may note that you may have to bear the expenses of travel/food/stay of these artists, if they are not sourced locally.
- •Mehendi Artiste: So, this is the most important service for any mehendi function and costs may vary. For bridal henna full hands/legs costs starts from INR 10K + GST onwards, whereas for individual guests cost starts from INR 2K + GST onwards, per guest.
- •Lady singers with Dholki: A group of 6 ladies may come at a cost of around INR 25K + GST onwards
- •Groom Procession in Elephant/Camel : Groom entry shall be the highlight of the wedding. Camels could be easily sourced in Jodhpur, so a groom procession in Camel with brass band shall take the wedding theme to the level of luxury. This service may cost INR 50K + GST onwards.
- • Bride Entry in Palanquin with traditional folk dance: A bride may enter the wedding venue in a decorated palanquin followed by a folk dance performance specially choreographed for the entry. Could cost around INR 45K + GST onwards.
- •Jaimala: A decorated Stage with confetti showers, 2 flower garlands, along with back ground music may cost around INR 30K + GST. If you wish for some more effects like a hydraulic stage with cold showers, fireworks etc then costs may start from INR 50K + GST onwards.
PHOTOGRAPHY + VIDEOGRAPHY
Certainly! This is one of the major aspects while comprehending the services cost of wedding in Jodhpur However the cost for this service depends upon the fame & quality of the photographer, but generally it could range from anything in the following:
- •Candid Photography Stills: INR 25K + GST onwards Per Function
- •Traditional Photography Stills: INR 15K + GST onwards Per Function
- •Traditional Videography: INR 40K + GST onwards Per Function
- •Cinematography/ Wedding Film: INR 60K + GST onwards Per Function
- •Pre Wedding shoot: INR 20K + GST onwards for 8hours shoot
- •Pre Wedding Video: INR 40K + GST onwards for teaser & film.
Also, you may note that you may have to bear the expenses of travel/food/stay of these artists, if they are not sourced locally. Guess you would not like to compromise and would need all the above mentioned photography services, so calculate your budget accordingly.
MAKE UP ARTISTE
This is the most important service NOT ONLY for the brides but for the grooms as well. But then, the charming service which helps you doll up for your bid day comes with a price tag! Now let’s evaluate the cost for this service:
- •Bridal Make up & Hair do: INR 20K + GST onwards for the bride on her wedding day, includes, make up, hair do, draping etc.
- •Pre Wedding Function Make up for Bride: INR 10K + GST onwards per pre wedding function includes, make up, hair do, draping etc.
- •Groom Make up + Draping: INR 15K + GST onwards for the bride on her wedding day, includes, make up, hair do, draping etc
- •Pre Wedding Function Make up for Groom: INR 8K + GST onwards per pre wedding function includes, make up, hair do, draping etc.
- •Make Up/ Touch up, per guest: INR 2K + GST onwards for per pre wedding/ wedding function includes, make up, hair do, draping etc.
Also, you may note that you may have to bear the expenses of travel/food/stay of these artists, if they are not sourced locally.
An important aspect which cannot be overlooked while comprehending the cost of wedding in Jodhpur. Travel to the destination is generally paid by the guests themselves so I would skip this part.Travel within the destination which could be anything like airport/ station transfers, hotel to venue travel or going sightseeing. So the costs would be somewhat around the following:
- •Luxury Bus, 49 seater: INR 25K + GST onwards for 8hours, cost may not depend on KMs in this case.
- •AC coaches, 12 seater: INR 10K + GST onwards for 8hours, cost may depend on KMs or Hours, whichever is greater.
- •AC Car 5-8 seater: INR 3K + GST onwards for 8hours, cost may depend on KMs or Hours, whichever is greater
- •Vintage Car: INR 10K + GST onwards for 5hours maximum.
Tip: You may note, Jodhpur fine linked with the major cities of India and Abroad through Airways. Flights operate from Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad. Railways and Roadways are very developed and connect nearby cities.
So technically, you pay depending on your schedule and requirement.
MORE SERVICES MORE COSTS
Apart from the essentials, if you wish for some extra services, you would have to set your budget accordingly. You could add any of the following or other services of your choice to your requirement and budget list. Say…
Puppet shows, Folk music players, Caricature artists, live bangle makers, fire jugglers, tattoo artists, comedian and the list is endless.
All of the above mentioned services could be hired at definite prices; you could set your budget accordingly.
Isn’t planning everything above and that too in at a right Budget a Hectic Task?
Worry Not! Let me introduce you to your fairy god mother, who will set everything right for your Big Day…
Now that you know that without a Wedding Planner, planning a destination wedding is almost impossible, you should also know that Wedding Planning is a Service and your wedding planner with team add up to your wedding budget.
So let’s now comprehend the cost of a wedding planner.
So a wedding planner may charge you any one of the two ways:
- •Percentage (%) of Wedding Budget: A planner may charge a certain percentage of amount as their fee depending on the size of the wedding budget. Likely to be around 10-25% of the total wedding budget.
- •Fixed Fee: Most common fee structure of startup wedding planning ventures, they charge a fixed fee depending on the services and the responsibilities they undertake to make your Big Day special.
The choice completely depends on you and your capacity of expenditures.
So, looking at the breakup cost the minimum Lump sum budget that you require to host a wedding in Jodhpur is around INR 40L + GST onwards
(Inclusion: 2N & 3D, 100 guests, Stay in classic properties, F&B, Décor for 2Functions, Entertainment for 2Functions, Photography for 2D, MUA for bride and groom for all functions, airport transfers)
Hope the above information helps to understand the destinations and cost of wedding in Jodhpur.
Thank you for reading Have you any suggestions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org